Monday, April 15, 2013

It's Genetic

It's time to announce another member of the Super Secret Society of Awesome Goddess!

What is this society, you ask? Read here to find out! Basically, it's a society of bloggers who are totally awesome and are each a goddess in their own right.

Today's member is a goddess for many reasons, but her drawings? They. Complete. Me. Like I might actually leave the husband and marry one of her drawings. That's legal, right?

Without further rambly ado, let's welcome TriGirl from Tri-ing to be Athletic! Please show her some love.

It's Genetic

Hey there, allow myself to introduce...myself. I stole that line from Austin Powers.  It just really helps to introduce you to my awkwardness right from the start.  My name is TriGirl. The awesome, one and only SARCASM GODDESS asked me to guest post and I was very excited to do so!
But, what to blog about? In my own blog, I talk about my attempts at being sporty.  However, I didn't want to do the same ol' same ol'. I was at a loss. And then, I met up with my parents in Florida for a little vacation and it hit me.  I'll write about them!
Ok,  me and them.  Because really, they're the tree and I'm the apple. Let's start with my dad, shall we?  He's punny.  I believe his goal in life is to see how many times he can cause people to groan at his punchlines.  Especially my mom.
Did I mention we were in Florida?  Land of the hurricane?? One day we were planning our daily events.  I jumped in quickly with some input.
I'm very helpful. And this might seem weird and random, but my husband is always pulling things out of my wallet that I "don't need" in order to make it smaller.  During our visit I noticed my dad's wallet and sent a photo of it home.
Whoa nelly.  (I posted it on Instagram.) Now let's move on to my mom.  I spend a lot of time laughing at with her because I can see why I inherently do the things I do. For example, the first day of our vacation I couldn't get out of our place, no matter how much I pulled the front door.
Not to be outdone, my mom struggled with the gate at the pool.
Like, every day. Sadly, clothing is a regular challenge for me.  I have a hard time getting in and out of shirts.
This was me trying to take off my long sleeve shirt at a race last year. I witnessed my mother having this dressing problem as well while we were getting ready to head out the door.
A couple of months ago, my ankle hurt for a week after I tripped over absolutely nothing, other than my shoe.
I do this often, by the way. Guess who also did this as we were sight seeing on our trip?
So, if you ever find yourself with me and my parents, you might want to walk on the other side of the street.
It's for your own safety. Thank you SARCASM GODDESS for letting me spend the day here!  I'm so glad you invited me!

***
 Aren't her drawings the bomb diggity? You know you want more of Tri Girl's awesome goddess goodness. Be sure to follow her blog and give her a lick on facebook and don't forget the twatter!

Comment gem!

Ken:
Apollo 13! Are you kidding me?

and there's the part, where Ken Mattingly is in the cold, dark simulator with only a flashlight and a notepad, trying to come up with the start up procedure for the command module without going over the amps they have left in the batteries!!!

Don't get me started on Apollo 13! There's absolutely nothing wrong with you at all!

23 comments:

  1. those drawings are amazing... thanks for a new great blog to follow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot woot! Thanks for the new follow Jaime!

      Delete
  2. As soon as I saw this pop up in my reader I though now there's an obvious match. I read both of your blogs and it's a great fit for a guest post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Thanks Vanessa! I was excited to post on here :D

      Delete
  3. This is epic for so many reasons, but primarily because the Hurry-cane was mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Unfortunately (?) it's all true. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I crossed TriGirls path once before in some writing link thing. (how could I forget those wonderful drawings?) Anyways, somehow I overlooked following her back then.

    That's fixed now.

    Also, slightly saddened that due to gender, I can never be a member of the Super Secret Society of Awesome Goddess. However, I am entirely beside myself at making the comment gem section.

    ........quite pleased at that, think I'll treat myself to a cookie or something. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ken, I think it might have been Dude Write and Yeah Write? Anyway, thanks for the kind words and the follow! And, I'm very jealous that you made it to the comment gem section! I think you deserve at least 4 cookies for that!

      Delete
  6. The Hurry-cane! Your dad is great at puns, I love puns...does he have more I can steal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh, he has a lifetime's worth.

      Delete
  7. Tri-Girl is the best! I think I would get along with your dad, for, as much as I'd hate to admit it, I'm a sucker for puns.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pickleope :) Who doesn't love a good pun?

      Delete
  8. Hahaha I'm glad even fancy runners like you can trip over absolutely nothing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha I think it's funny that you call me 'fancy' :D

      Delete
  9. Try this one on your dad, oh Tri Girl: Next time he whips out a pun, tell him it's two thirds of a pun P-U. Ha ha ahaa haahaa You are welcome. Now draw that for me with a dedication ok?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, he will quite like that...assuming he doesn't know it already ;)

      Delete
  10. I'm not a goddess for many reasons... but I do draw. Does that count, you think?

    ReplyDelete
  11. Taking part in contests like best writing forums or best writing competitions and best writing contests has more benefits. One should have that love to write a lot; and the judges in those contests are competent writers. Sometimes you get huge money as a winner of the contest. So this is an added advantage.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.