Thursday, December 20, 2012

So THIS Is Why People Give Me Weird Looks


25 Days of Christmas Blogging
Day Whatever

I love Christmas songs. ALL songs. Well almost. I hate, hate, HATE the Christmas Shoes song. It makes me want to impale myself on a pitchfork.

I love different versions of the same song: Nat King Cole, Sinatra, Elvis, Springsteen. (Nothing gets me ready to rock like Bruce's rendition of Santa Claus Is Coming To Town.)

I admit, I have been listening to Christmas music before Thanksgiving. I usually try to hold out until at least I'm well into my turkey coma and the trauma of tugging on bird wieners is far behind me, but this year I just couldn't wait.

It makes me so dern happy, you guys.

It occurred to me the other day that I had yet to hear one of my favorite Christmas songs:

ALVIN AND THE CHIPMUNKS HULA HOOP CHRISTMAS SONG!

'Tis not the Christmas season without this song. So I YouTubed it and played it. And again. And again. And lather, rinse, repeat.

Naturally, this song was stuck in my head for-freaking-ever. The next day, I was walking to my car, and, forgetting that I was no longer in the comfort of my padded wall home, I began singing. Like the chipmunks. In a loud, high-pitched, squeaky voice. The loud, high-pitched, squeaky voice that makes my dogs hide under the table. Only this time, my dogs weren't there. Because I was about town. As in, in public. With other people around.

Singing.





This explains so much. So. Much.

P.S. To all those who participated in the blogger ornament exchange, I am going to host a link-up on Sunday. Hopefully you all will have received your ornaments by then. If not, have no fear! The linky will be open for several days.

Comment gems!

That is hilarious! You or your hubby should wear them into a board meeting at work with a straight face. Too funny!

Just went to visit my friend Pickleope the Great and what name did my blue eagle eyes zoom in on: 'The Sarcasm Goddess' (Better make that capitals). I just couldn't resist. She was all regretsky about the bastard she had married, alright. That's so perceptive of you. I've been marred, I mean married, for almost three months and I, too, am not at that point yet. I wish some stranger would tell me maybe my marriage will last. It would mean so much to me. Now excuse me while I go and blow my nose. This is such a strain on my feminine side. It gets me all emotional.


14 comments:

  1. You get caught singing in public. I usually get caught talking to myself in public. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahahah it is a DANGEROUS thing to listen to that songl. It's just so annoyingly catchy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Note to self: do not listen to Alvin & the Chipmunks Hula Hoop Christmas Song. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Christmas Shoes song is a total AHOLE! Christmas ruiner.

    I love the Hula Hoop song but find myself saying dadada the huuuullaaaa hoooooop for days both in my head and aloud after I hear it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too bad it couldn't have caught on like a Chipmunks flash mob or something.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have not even read past the first paragraph because I agree so much that I cannot even wait to tell you. I love all Christmas songs. EXCEPT THE CHRISTMAS SHOES SONG.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ah! And I was TOTALLY DOING THE SAME THING LAST WEEK. Singing to the Chipmunks, like a Chipmunk, out loud - only, I was in car during a traffic jam, so while people couldn't hear me they could certainly see me. (But like a *true* fan, i actually know all the words. Slacker.)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ahh, you're one of those people on my lastest list of joy(lessness)... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. ack!! just realized I sent my address deets to the wrong email address for the ornament exchange. And I had such a darn cute ornament too.

    As punishment, I shall henceforth and posthaste subject myself to various ear-worm worthy Christmas tunes, and sing them all in public.

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, the best way to spread Christmas cheer is singing loud for all to hear! You're just doing your Christmas duty!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can you please blog about the merits of passing out wine and/or valium at the entrance of stores during the holiday season?! I think it would help society; especially in stores where children are screaming "I want that mommmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!!"

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Can you please blog about the merits of passing out wine and/or valium at the entrance of stores during the holiday season?! I think it would help society; especially in stores where children are screaming "I want that mommmmmmmyyyyyyy!!!!"

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Go for it, ma! I make my living off making an ass of myself in public!

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.