Sunday, December 9, 2012

In the Nick of Time


25 Days of Christmas Blogging
Day 9

The next time I set a goal of blogging every day, I'm going to exclude weekends. I'm too busy trying to score my next bacon fix and you guys are too busy doing fabulous things for my blogging shenanigans. I end up running out of time and having a panic attack so I decide to do something easy, like make a list of my top ten favorite Christmas movies but that ends up giving me more anxiety because OMG lists are hard! And I end up rocking myself in the corner and eating my hair.

So in no particular order, here is a list of Christmas movies I must watch every year:

1. Christmas Vacation
2. It's A Wonderful Life
3.Miracle on 34th Street
4. A Christmas Story
5. While You Were Sleeping
6. Elf
7. Frosty the Snowman
8. How the Grinch Stole Christmas
9. Love Actually
10. Fred Claus
11. Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer

Honorable Mention (these are not a must see every year, but still enjoy and will watch them if I catch 'em on t.v.)

1. The Family Stone ( I HATED this movie the first time I saw it. And I have to say (SPOILER ALERT COMING UP), any movie in which the mom dies is a terrible Christmas movie. But overall, it's kinda grown on me)
2. The Santa Clause
3. Home Alone
4. Prancer
5. As cheesy and predictable as they may be, a few Hallmark Channel movies are going to make the list.

Christmas Movies I despise:
1. Jingle All the Way
2. The Polar Express
3. Nightmare Before Christmas

So, what movies make your list(s)?

Tomorrow (which is probably today, for most of you), December 10th is the last day to sign up for the ornament exchange! Click here for the details!

Comment gem!
 
I always say quality over quantity. I mean, just look at that coloured tree: sprinkles right? nothing says LOVE like sprinkles. truly, I think you've outdone yourself. :)
 

12 comments:

  1. Ha - I'm a gem who made the list!! yay me. pretty sure that means I take a drink now, right?
    LOL
    Love Actually must be watched - really, it's a moral imperative.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In no particular order, mine include The Ref, Four Christmases, Elf, Fred Claus -- it isn't that I'm a Vince Vaughn fangirl, I just like some swearing in my choice of Christmas movies....OK, The Ref definitely tops the list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It wouldn't be the holidays without swearing!

      Delete
  3. My favorites are in your top 10 (Elf, Fred Claus, Love Acutally) and I'm a fan of The Santa Claus and Four Christmases and Miracle on 34th Street, but I also LOVE The Polar Express and I can tolerate The Nightmare Before Christmas as it's one of my daughter's faves. Why do you hate the? I'm curious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hated Polar Express because that train ride was so freaking long. I don't remember anything else about the movie. It was so long ago that I saw Nightmare Before Christmas so I don't really remember it, I just remember not liking it. And Jingle All the Way is just plain stupid. So stupid it makes me angry.

      Delete
  4. I need to force myself to watch Miracle on 34th Street. I'm not a big old movie fan, so I tend to bypass it for something more modern, although I do enjoy It's a Wonderful Life. I'm sorry, I make no sense!

    Elf and The Santa Clause are my faves. A friend (actually a mutual friend of ours) said the other day that she can't stand Elf because he just makes such a complete ass of himself. Just not the way I see it!

    Oh! And I didn't put 2 and 2 together for a long time that Love Actually is a Christmas movie. DUH.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Love Actually, but it's kinda depressing. One guy contemplates cheating on his wife, another guy's wife dies, one guy is in love with his best friend's wife, one woman's brother is so dysfunctional she can't have a normal life, but other than that it's a heartwarming Christmas tale!

      Delete
  5. I have an unhealthy obsession with "A Muppet Christmas Carol." That's some quality cinema right there.

    And I have grown to despise any Christmas movie centered around canines. "Santa Paws" and "The Christmas Puppy" are right up there with "Barney" and root canals for me.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm reading this as I am watching Polar Express with the kids. It is one of the movies we watch each year since we took the kids to watch it in the theater years ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't remember much about the movie other than the loooooong train ride. I was ready to rip my eyes out.

      Delete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.