Saturday, April 14, 2012

More Game Fun?

Some people subscribe to the theory that there can be too much of a good thing. But I think that's absurd. Bacon is good. More bacon is better. Wine and cheese are good. More wine and cheese is better. Diamonds are good. More diamonds are...well you get the idea.

Since we all had so much fun on our picnic yesterday, we're going to play another fun game. Why? Because... When... We... Party! We party hardy and when we boogie...

Oh sorry. I slipped into a cheering camp coma for a second there.

Obviously we're playing this game because it's fun. But also because it's Saturday and who wants to do real work on Saturday? And also? This challenge is causing me to double up on my anxiety meds and posts like this prevent me from having to eat my hair and rock myself in the corner.

Here we go. The game is Green Glass Doors. 

Same rule as last time.
1. You don't know what the rule is.
2. You have to figure out the rule in order to know what you can "be" and what you can't "be."
3. The object is say one thing you can be and one thing you can't be.

My animal friends and I will get you started. Make sure you pay close attention to how I respond to each animal. And please play along in the comments!!

Good job, Gerald! That is right! Try to keep it together, please. It's just a game.

 Actually, Arnie, you can be both of those things. Try again.

Sorry, Chrissy. You can't be either of those things. Try again.


Good job, Brown Cow! You rock this game.

Okay, everyone. Tell me what you can be and what you can't.

Spoiler alert: If you still want to play the picnic game, don't read the key below.

The key to the picnic game is that you can only bring things that start with the letters of your first and last name. Which is why, I, the Sarcasm Goddess can bring Skittles and a Game Boy. Or a slinky and a gorilla. Or a sandwich and grapes.

And now, a few picnic gems from yesterday:

Justin: Can I use an alias for this? If so, my name is Gaylord Baldinger and I will be bringing Gary Busey. If not, I'll just bring a jackass. (which could also be Gary Busey, come to think of it!)

Catherine Dabels: My name is Catherine and I do not understand this game. Not even one little bit. But.....I am coming to the picnic and I plan on bringing Diet Pepsi and a bucket of friiiiiiiiied chicken.  Please tell me I can bring those.

Mizzou: My name is Oates. I am bringing my bearded dragon (he shaved) and a cooler full of ice. May I come? If I can come, I will wear my animal print pants. #WaitingAnxoiusly

Quote of the Day:
Be obscure clearly.  ~E.B. White

Word of the Day:
macaronic: composed of a mixture of languages 

 

44 comments:

  1. I do love games even if I'm not great at them. Want to come over and play Scattergories?

    You can be seen, but you can't be heard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You got it, girl! I will be over in...where do you live again?

      Delete
  2. Hey Mizzou! (fellow Missourian)

    I don't understand complex games like this.
    I just wanted to go to the picnic and drink.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmmm..... This one is definitely trickier. Okay. I'll try: You can be cheese but you can't be chocolate?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! Isn't it sad you can't be chocolate?

      Delete
    2. Thank God for cheese, though...

      Delete
  4. You can be a boob, but you can't be a tit. Though, I guess you could be both a boob and a titty...hmm, tricky one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct! Both times. It is tricky.

      Delete
  5. You can be a goon but you can't have a gun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhh, I am going back in time. I will bring Fanta and Mallowmars.
    Now I shall nap as this new game makes my brain hurt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fabulous! Rest up. It's going to be a great picnic.

      Delete
  7. Dang, I was counting on one of these smart people above me to get it. Urm, you can be an elbow but you can't smoke a joint? I mean be a joint?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Sorry, try again. You can't be an elbow. :(

      Delete
  8. You can be the grass, but you can't be the dirt :D. It took me several minutes but I figured the game out!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. Oh no! I'll come find you... Shout so I know which direction to start looking.

      Delete
  10. You can be pretty but you can't beautiful unless you want to be nitty and gritty. Will this party be commencing at Jaye's house?

    ReplyDelete
  11. You can be an asshole, but you can't be a douche. Right, right!?

    ReplyDelete
  12. You can be Betty White but you can't be Maude - what the hell is her real name?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes you can be Betty White, but really you can only be the Betty part and not the white part.

      Delete
  13. You can be almost any member of the cast of Jersey Shore, except for The Situation and Pauly D. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gahh, I'm horrible at logic type games - my mind doesn't work that way. Your artwork is amazing though!

    Sorry I missed the picnic. I'll check it out though I doubt I will be any better at it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you! I do hope you can make it to the picnic!

      Delete
  15. Haha. You can be Gary Busey's teeth. But you can't be his therapist. You could also be his bottle of booze and his pills. (Sorry. I will try not to make any more Busey references. But no promises.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These are all true although I would NEVER want to be that man's teeth. Gah.

      Delete
  16. Well as I know all too well I can be poor but I can't be rich. I can be a puppy and I can poop and pee but I sure as shit can't be a cat.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh yeah…piece of cake. Here’s mine:

    You can be a clueless moron like Super Earthling who hasn’t figured out the key to this damn game—but you can’t be a chocolate covered pretzel because--ha-ha--I just ate them all and there aren’t any left.

    :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You actually got it right! You can be clueless but not a chocolate covered pretzel.

      Delete
  18. I was told there would be no math.

    Wait.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I want to retract my last one and take us back to the anal bleaching theme. You can bleach your butthole, but not your anus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So so true. And thank you for getting us back on track.

      Delete
  20. Umm, I think I have it. Let's see, you can be happy but you can't be glad, you can be cross but you can't be mad.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Someone better explain this all and purdy darn soon or I shall scowl at my computer screen.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Crap! I've looked at this 3 different times, and I'm still trying to figure it out!! You can be great but you can't be groovy? (I'm spitballing here...I know the rule I'm thinking of doesn't always apply)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Do you drink Pepsi or Coca-Cola?
    PARTICIPATE IN THE POLL and you could win a prepaid VISA gift card!

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.