Friday, April 13, 2012

Let's Play A Game! UPDATED with a hint at the end!

It's Friday! And you know what that means...

Free Day Friday Football Fun!

When I was in elementary school, that's what Friday's were called. It all had to do with P.E. On Friday's we didn't have to play dodgeball or capture the flag. The boys could play football (I assume that's where the football fun came from) and the girls could pick daisies and start fights on the four square court.

Or if you were like my friend T, you got your finger stuck in the Tetherball pole. Don't ask me how or why she did it, just know it happened. And it was traumatic. For everyone. Or if you were my friend K, you tried to give me a high five, missed my face and jammed your VERY LONG and INCREDIBLY POINTY fingernail into my chin which spewed blood like a geyser spews geyser-y stuff. (P.S. I sport a scar to this day.) Or if you were like me, you got stung by a bee on the boob but you were too embarrassed to say boob to the teacher so you just suffered quietly and tried not to rub yourself lest you be accused of being inappropriately "free" loving with yourself on Free Day Friday Football Fun.

What does all of that have to do with today's post?

Hmmm....

Oh right! We're going to play a game because it's Free Day Friday Football Fun, and you all have to play. Because it's fun. And because on FFFFF you give up the freedom to do what you want and have to do everything I say.

In related news. I'm an only child. Can you tell?

Seriously though. This game is going to be soooooooo much fun. It's called WE'RE GOING ON A PICNIC!

The rule is very simple:
1. You don't know what the rule is.
2. You have to figure out the rule.
3.You state your name and say you're bringing two things to the picnic. Some things you're allowed to bring, some things you're not. You have to figure out what you're allowed to bring based on what everyone else is allowed to bring.

Make sense? Don't worry, me and my animal friends will start so you can see how it works.

Also, the husband hates this game. But he also refused to dress like Peter Pan for Halloween. Clearly, he doesn't know what fun is.

 That's okay, husband. I still love you.

Here we go. (P.S. Don't forget to tell me your name and what you're bringing in the comments. And if you figure out the rule, don't tell anyone!)


Yes you can! Good job, Chrissy!

You can bring Gushers but you can't bring Doritos. Try again, Gerald.

It's a little weird that you'd bring ants to a picnic, Arnie. But good job, you can bring both of those things.

I appreciate your enthusiasm Brown Cow, but you cannot bring either of those things.

Okay, my Free Day Friday Football Fun-ers, it's your turn! What are you bringing to the picnic?

UPDATED: Pay attention to what other people in the comments say they're bringing and if I say they can bring them or not.

Very Important Note: Just because YOU cannot bring something to the picnic, doesn't mean someone else can't. 

Now it's time for Free Day Friday Comment Gems! Yaaaaaay!!!

TheOtherLisa: I like to sing along with my iPod while I vacuum. I can't hear it and it's a great punishment for my children.

Anthony J: ah it was like reading about my grandmother she is still like that and i noticed that i turned out semi like her when i host dinners ( even though im a guy, does this mean the above applies to guys too?!) gotta love Italian women!

RoryBore: I went to an Italian wedding once. including the dinner. the 7 course dinner. and of course, open bar.  It was about 14 years ago....I think the indigestion is coming along pretty well. any day now I could probably eat some chicken.

Yana Verbitskaia: Listen, I buy invisible shit at the grocery store all the time. What are you trying to say? ;) 

Pish Posh: As long as you don't lick my pants and pee my face.  We'd both be sad.  my pants are dirty  

Quote of the Day:
I love being a writer.  What I can't stand is the paperwork. 
 ~Peter De Vries 

Word of the Day:
lucent: shining.

Word of Yesterday:
kef: a state of drowsy contentment


 

66 comments:

  1. My name is Southern Northerner and I'm bringing saltines and Nutella! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes yes yes! You can bring saltines and Nutella to the picnic. That sounds yummy! I hope Arnie's ants don't steal any.

      Delete
  2. My name is jacky and i'm bringing ice and coconuts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no! I'm sorry Jacky Queenijax, but you can't bring ice or coconuts to the picnic :( Please try again. The picnic just won't be the same without you.

      Delete
  3. My name is Jen and this is too much pressure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wrong answer Jen! You cannot bring pressure to the picnic. Please try again. I really want you to come to the picnic.

      Delete
  4. my name is Funny and I am bringing Ding Dongs and vodka

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Funny Mind (ok if I call you that? it's important to the game.) Ding Dongs and vodka sounds positively delightful, but you can't bring either to the picnic. Maybe someone else will bring them, though. A picnic isn't a picnic without Ding Dongs and Vodka.

      Delete
  5. My name is Laura Catharsis and I'm bringing liquor and cocaine. Can I bring liquor and cocaine?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can. I sure hope no one brings the cops.

      Delete
  6. Hello. My name is Topher Paul. I was considering bringing some pills and taints to your lovely picnic. I truly believe these are things that will be appreciated by all (or most).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hello, Topher. You sure can bring those lovely things, but it would be much better if you brought the taints first and then the pills.

      Delete
  7. Yay yay yay I love this game! My name is Yana Verbitskaia and I'm going to bring yo-yos and Valium! Best. Picnic. Ever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good job, Yana. You can certainly bring those things. And you're right, this is going to be the best picnic ever.

      Delete
  8. My name is Chaotic Catie and on this lovely picnic, I'm bringing Chardonnay and chocolate. Is that OK?

    ReplyDelete
  9. My name is Brett Minor and I want to bring bagels and mustard.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My name is Catherine and I do not understand this game. Not even one little bit. But.....I am coming to the picnic and I plan on bringing Diet Pepsi and a bucket of friiiiiiiiied chicken.

    Please tell me I can bring those.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Catherine. You can definitely bring Diet Pepsi. It'd be better if you brought regular chicken or perhaps chicken fried chicken.

      Delete
  11. Can I use an alias for this? If so, my name is Gaylord Baldinger and I will be bringing Gary Busey. If not, I'll just bring a jackass. (which could also be Gary Busey, come to think of it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bahaha! You can bring Gary Busey, but oh how I wish you couldn't.

      Delete
  12. This is going to make me insane b/c I'm too dumb to figure out the rule but once you explain it I'm going to be all "doh! That was so freaking obvious." But no one's ever accused me of being Captain Obvious so I'll just give it a go anyway.

    I'm Rach B and I'm bringing Raisinets and Beer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Rach B, you've got it all figured out. You can totally bring Raisinets and Beer.

      Delete
  13. My name is Susannah Unknown and I'm bringing Sting and Usher. (Wouldn't that duet be, um, interesting?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can definitely bring Sting and Usher. This is going to be a fabulous picnic.

      Delete
  14. My names is Incredible Emily and I'm bring my iPod and Egg Salad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woops, I replied in the wrong spot. I guess I was so excited over what you were bringing. You can bring both of the those things!

      Delete
  15. Yes! Yay Emily, you can bring both those things. This is going to be a fantastic picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  16. My name is Tri Girl and I'm going to bring tequila and gin! Can I come?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You sure can! I hope someone brings some mixers.

      Delete
  17. My name is Kate Ground and I'm bring kale and grapenuts. But I'm not eating them. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, Kate, you can bring both those things. I think Arnie the Elephant really likes kale so he'll be really happy.

      Delete
  18. My name is Kate Ground and I'm bring kale and grapenuts. But I'm not eating them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. My name is Kate Ground and I'm bring kale and grapenuts. But I'm not eating them. :(

    ReplyDelete
  20. My name is Jacqui and I'll bring juice. The Chick will bring cheese doodles, of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad you and The Chick are coming. I hope she brings lots of cheese doodles; they're one of my faves.

      Delete
  21. My name is Elise Fallson and I'm bringing Elvis and Fusilli lunghi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OOh, are you going back in time to get Elvis or are you bringing zombie Elvis.

      Delete
  22. My name is Jaye Robin and I'm bringing jelly beans and rum!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This is so confusing that it's fun! My name is J and I'd like to bring a unicorn and some french fries, please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh J! I really wish you could bring a unicorn and fries. Maybe Ursula will bring a Unicorn and Freddy will bring some fries. Please try again, we really want you at the picnic.

      Delete
  24. I looked at this last night and couldn't figure it out. Came back this morning after recharging my brain and........LIGHTBULB!!
    My name is ken-inatractor and if i could, i would like to bring Kraft Dinner and Ice wine please. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Ken! So glad you came back. You were probably tired from birthing in the calf. You can bring both those things.

      Delete
  25. My name is Oates. I am bringing my bearded dragon (he shaved) and a cooler full of ice. May I come? If I can come, I will wear my animal print pants. #WaitingAnxoiusly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A bearded dragon would be fantastic but you can't bring him. :( Maybe Bernie will bring him. And we definitely need ice. Is it an octagonal cooler of ice? If so, you can bring it.

      Delete
  26. My name is Melissa Paris and I'm bringing Marshmallows and Pizza. :D

    ReplyDelete
  27. YAY!! My name is Mayor Gia and I'm bringing mashed potatoes and gin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love mashed potatoes!!! And it's always good to have plenty of gin. Can't wait to see you there.

      Delete
  28. I'm sitting next to Mayor Gia and I'm bringing Coffee (duh) Lolipops and Movies!! This is going to be the best picnic ever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Movies at a picnic! Yay! Maybe I should have brought a screen. This really is going to be the best picnic EVAH!

      Delete
  29. My name is TheOtherLisa and I'm bring Tostitos, olives and limes. I could us a picnic. And a drink.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sooooo glad you are bringing olives. Olives are my fave. Good job! You can bring all those things.

      Delete
  30. my name is Chemgirl Jaime and I'm going to bring Cake and Jujubes... :D

    ReplyDelete
  31. I'm a bit late. I think I'll just eat and drink everyone's leftovers! And I feel a bit stupid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No no no! You are not stupid. You can bring Nintendo and a walrus. Every picnic needs a walrus.

      Delete
  32. Sorry for my tardiness..is it all done?
    Because clearly, being a Canuck and all, I've brough the bacon. And also Twister.
    because you get some sticky bacon, chocolate, valium and wine and play a game of balance and touching: that's a damn good party right there. what could go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can bring any of those things, but you sound so enthusiastic that we'll let you come. :) Plus? BACON!

      Delete
  33. Who doesn't love picnic leftovers 2 days later? With that in mind...

    My name is Super Earthling and I brought salmonella and e-coli. Yum! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind. You shouldn't have. No really, you shouldn't.

      Delete
  34. Oh, I missed the picnic? Well, if I'd been in time I would have brought sunshine and ponies. Maybe next time :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, we're still partying! You didn't miss it. And I'm so glad you are bringing sunshine. It is starting to rain.

      Delete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.