Saturday, April 7, 2012

Going to Lose my Shiz

I had a legitimate post planned for today but I am too giddy to post it. I'm actually too giddy to do anything other than hop around my damn house like a schizophrenic Easter Bunny on crack.

I kid you not.

I am going to a Jake Owen concert tonight. (For those of you ready to stop reading right now, I totally don't blame you, but do me a favor. Scroll to the end of this post and watch the video. It has nothing to do with Jake Owen, and well if you're a blogger or have ever put any of your "stuff" "out there" in any capacity, you'll appreciate it.)

I'll wait while you squee and freak out before I continue.

Are you back?

You guys remember when I was going to the Luke Bryan concert and I harassed him on twitter? You don't? That's probably because I never blogged about it. Because I could never sit my ass still enough in a chair to blog about. Plus, it's hard to harass and blog at the same time.

If you were on twitter with me that night, you may remember it. In fact that's how I met @thepishposh. I was worried about getting kicked off the twatter and she told me to ask Luke Bryan to make me a sandwich. It. Was. Epic. I don't want to go into too much detail now...I think I'll save it for "L" day.

However, if you think I lost my shit that night (which you probably don't since I didn't tell you about it...unless you were there and saw me, in which case, why didn't you say hi?) that is nothing compared to what's about to happen is T-minus 9ish hours.

In fact, I've gotten up three times during this post to run circles around my couch.

It's rather convenient that the husband needs to go to the range to work on his swing for the next nine hours, which I think is a little irresponsible. What if I fall down the stairs or run into the wall or slip in the shower as I dance to Barefoot Blue Jean night?

Jake is not going to be happy to see me if I show up concussed or with a broken leg.

Check that. Of course he'll be happy to see me. It's just that I think we all prefer that I be the best version of my psychotic self. Which reminds me, I really need to shave my legs.

Did you know Jake has twin? Did you know I spoke to him multiple times in person and on the phone? Did you know he and I were in a golf tournament together? Well, actually he played in a golf tournament I was in charge of.

That's right, I'm that girl. The one whose all, "I saw Ryan Gosling's brother's nephnew's cousin's great-aunt's sister's niece's, babysitter's dog walker's husband in a Taco Bell. It's like Ryan and I are practically married!"

But don't worry, I totally played it cool in front of Jake's brother. After all, I am a professional.

OH EM GEE I AM GOING TO SEE JAKE OWEN TONIGHT!!!!!!!

For those of you ready to call me a pathetic lame-ass loser in the comments, whatevs. I'll just go all affirmation girl on your ass.

There are a couple parts that are a little vulgar so if you have delicate sensibilities, I suggest you not watch the video. However, if you have ever received a less than flattering comment, you totally need to watch this. It starts out a little, "huh? what is this?" but keep watching (her reactions are priceless).

Okay, well I gotta go freak out some more. Thank you SO much for your awesome sausage comments yesterday. I promise I'll post the comment gems on my next post, which may be tomorrow even though tomorrow is our day off from the challenge but I kinda almost feel bad that this isn't really a real post so I may post what I was going to post today, tomorrow, or maybe I'll just post pics of me and Jake.

And breathe.

18 comments:

  1. You know, I've seen that video before, but it has a completely different meaning now that I'm a blogger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad I am not the only giddy one running all over the place for the simple reason of severe giddyness overdose ! have fun and ask for the sandwich!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't mean to be critical but affirmation girl needs a hairbrush.
    I have to google Jake Owen cause I have no idea.....
    Have a lovely Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I googled Jake Owen. Oh Hell, yes!
    That video cracked me up in a hands over my eyes kind of way.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hilarious! And that's all I have to say about that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't know who Jake Owen is. I will use the powers of Google to find out. That girl is awesome! That is why I will *never* vlog. Plus, who likes to hear themselves on camera, let alone see all the weird tics they have? Just me?

    p.s. I would totally watch your vlog and say nice things :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. That was great. I hope there are more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm really sorry that I'm gonna have to google thi Jake Owen who I heard proposed tonight...hm. I am way out of the loop for sure. I am almost a bottle in and about to be the easter bunny...there are 15 hard boiled eggs - please remind me of that tomorrow okay?

    ReplyDelete
  9. At first I simply thought you were giddy over getting chocolate. Hope you made it to the concert in one piece! I, too, will have to Google Jake Owen (and Luke Bryan). Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so insane! And I still don't know who Jake Owen is. And no, I'm Googling him. YOU have to tell me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Where Did You Find Her?!! That was a riot! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hope is was fantastically awesomely spasmatically epidemically AMAZEBALLS!

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG THAT VIDEO WAS AMAHZING. Thank you for sharing. I'm crying laughing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great vlog. Do more! No idea who Jake is but it doesn't matter. Still good!

    ReplyDelete
  15. You went to see Jake Owen? I hate you. And I swear I saw a Luke Bryan reference somewhere else. I hate you even more. I would LOVE to see them. Especially Luke.

    Stopping by via A-Z Challenge. Love your blog, following now. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  16. BIG fan of Luke Bryan's. I was one of those idjits at Wally World for the debut of his first CD.Just scored some tickets to see him live this summer.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh. My. Gosh. I am JEALOUS ! Luke's performed in Spring Break in Hartford and he always puts on an amazing show! Just snagged some front row tix when he comes here this summer...really like his music, but haven't followed him much, hoping he puts on a good show!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Any Luke Bryan fans out there? Just snagged some front row Luke Bryan tickets when he comes here this fall...really like his music, but haven't followed him much, hoping he puts on a good show!

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.