A writer never has a vacation. For a writer, life consists of either writing or thinking about writing.
As many of you know, a few months ago I quit my full-time soul-sucking paying job to be a full time writer. Some people are now under the assumption that I no longer work. To those people, allow me to learn you something.
1. Just because I don't get paid, doesn't mean I don't work.
2. Just because I work from home, doesn't mean I don't work.
3. Just because I haven't brushed my teeth or showered today, doesn't mean I don't work.
4. Just because I spend my entire day in my pajamas, doesn't mean I don't work.
5. Just because my work day starts at 3 p.m. and ends at 6 a.m. doesn't mean I don't work.
6. Just because my time is flexible, doesn't mean I have time to waste.
7. Just because I watch a child play, eavesdrop on a conversation, stare out a window, listen to music, feel the rush of wind on my face, does not mean I am not working.
8. Just because I don't have a boss breathing down my neck, doesn't mean I don't have deadlines.
9. Just because I love what I do, doesn't mean I don't work!
Didja learn something? Good. Now I won't have to punch you in the face the next time I see you.
P.S. How many blogs do you follow? I wanna know! Take my poll on the sidebar.
Word of the Day
solecism: a breach of good manners or etiquette