Wednesday, February 29, 2012

It's Like the Oscars, But Better

Guess what?  Somebody likes me.  That someone happens to be Mommy2Cents.  Have you read her post about the night she had a dream her husband cheated on her and what followed?  You should.  Seriously.

This hilarious lady has given me an award.  Wooty woot woot!

As usual, awards come with rules, so here they are:

~ Share 7 things about yourself;
~ Pass the award along to 15 bloggers you love reading;
~ Contact your cho­sen bloggers to let them know about the award!

1. If I could have a dinner party with three famous people, those people would be Emma Stone, Meryl Streep and Oprah. 

I pick Emma because I have a crazy stupid obsession with her; Meryl because she is beautiful and one of the most – if not the most- talented actresses of all time; Oprah because I think she’s really inspiring and I could learn a lot from her.

I think I’d also add Lindsay Lohan cuz that girl needs a good hug from someone who isn’t crazy.  Which is why I’d have the husband hug her because we all know I’m not exactly the picture of sanity.

Oh!  And I’d have to invite Joan Rivers too.  That bitch be crazy!  She is so totally out of control and I love it.

So, I guess if I had a dinner party would three famous people, it’d actually be five.  Meh.  Numbers.

2. Why does Chelsea Handler always look so tired?  Also, what is up with the current Bachelor?  He looks the like Captain of the Douche Squad.

3. I went to the grocery store last night and the contents of my cart were: ice cream, hot dogs, oreos, potato salad, Ruffles and French Onion dip.  I have never been more ashamed in my life. 

4. I ordered a pizza the other night.  I went to pick it up, handed over my credit card, signed the receipt and headed for the door.  Without my pizza.

5. I have an aversion to ketchup. I mean, I like it.  Just in moderation. This stems from a friend I had when I was five.  She squirted a bunch of it on the picnic table bench in my back yard.  After rubbing it into the wood, she licked it.  Did you guys catch that? She licked ketchup off a dirty, dried-fingerpaint-and-bird-poop picnic table bench. *Vomit*

I think I’ve told this story before.

6.  I think there’s a man in the toilet who talks to me.  But only when I flush.  I know that sounds totally crazy but instead of judging me maybe you should go rescue him.  I think he’s probably drowning.

7.

And this is why we're soulmates.
Also, you should probably expect these for awhile.  I can't get enough of them.

And now, possibly the most exciting part about getting an award - passing it on!  I know it's not possible for you guys to check out all of these bloggers (who will drink all that wine while you do?) but I hope you check out at least one, because these people are the bomb blog diggity.

Write, Rinse, Repeat
Multitasking Mumma
Jen Has A Pen
Just A Lil Blog
Dads Who Change Diapers
Coffee Lovin' Mom
Pish Posh
blogdramedy
TheBLogMuSe
Fox in the City
the dabels divulge
Rubber Chicken Madness
bitches in the burbs
motherhood: truth
Just Jennifer
Chicktuition

It's possible I gave this award to sixteen people.  Meh. I think I've already expressed how I feel about numbers.

Don't forget to check out my poll on the sidebar!

Word of the Day
matriculate: to enroll in a college or university as a candidate for a degree.   

Quote of the Day
And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise.  The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.  ~Sylvia Plath  

37 comments:

  1. When were you planning on telling me about this? 5:00??? DEADLINES PEOPLE!!! After I post the Greatest Blog Ever Posted *by me I shall address this immediately.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ugh...I replied in the wrong place! See below. Or not. Does anyone subscribe to the comments?

      Delete
    2. How do you even subscribe to comments? I never get notified of replies to my comments. I won't know if you replied to this, so I will randomly check back tomorrow.

      Delete
  2. I look forward to reading all these. And Jim's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I especially look forward to Jim's. I can't wait to harass him about the deadline.

      Delete
  3. OH! I had no idea there was a deadline. I look forward to both the Greatest Blog Ever Posted and your addressment???? of this matter.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Do not be ashamed of those contents in your cart, be ashamed I wasn't with you to add more so we could have one hell of a snack party. SERIOUSLY, why do we live so far away? Grocery stores would be rich if we were together! Oreo stock would sky rocket! Did you find the birthday cake Oreos? The toilet thing totally made me think of "Look Who's Talking Too"...creepy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't see the birthday cake Oreos but I soon as I grabbed the package of regular ones, I thought of you!

      Delete
  5. Oh damn it, I got click happy...eh em...And thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I want to thank all the little people for making this possible...This is spectacular! My baby boy was diagnosed with bronchitis and mild pneumonia this morning, but he's on the road to recovery and soon as he's feeling better, I am honored to do this and pass it on! Woot! Thanks, lady!

    ReplyDelete
  7. First of all, congrats to you! And second, thank you for this awesome award! I guess I should be happy you didn't stop at the recommended number of 15 or I wouldn't be able to have my own Oscar party. When I do...please wear a fancy dress. Never mind. There may be dancing and who wants to dance in a fancy dress? Just bring some drinks and those chips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love wearing fancy dresses! I will wear it and my tiara.

      Delete
  8. Oh yeah, and um, I don't follow fifteen awesome blogs yet. Remember, I'm new at this!! Or maybe I'm just a loser. I'm going to have to pass it on to a smaller circle if that's okay? Yeah, I just can't hang with you big dogs yet cause, well, I suck.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the award! I already follow a bunch of those blogs, but I'll have to check out the others..

    ReplyDelete
  10. ....good list or whatever, but you quoted Sylvia Plath. Head + gas oven = not a good idea. You know that, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do know that and I agree, it's not a good idea. Suffering from depression myself, I find it to be very tragic. But I do not believe any of us are defined by our disease and I like her quote. The worst enemy most of us have is ourselves.

      Delete
  11. OMG Girl! I don't think there's anything wrong with you cart contents - that sounds like a goodie basket to me! also? I love your bloggy button!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why thank you. It was designed by the fabulous Just Jennifer.

      Delete
  12. Wow. I am both honoured and dismayed. Not sure if I'll do it because coming up with 7 things about myself is totally time consuming and mercy, I'm nothing but time.

    What?

    I hate ketchup, btw. Never eat it.

    I also would love to eat with Meryl Streep but never Oprah. She is painfully annoying unto me.

    And I have no idea who Chelsea Handler is. I would probably recognize her if I saw a pic so I'll google her and I've seen her name all over the place lately. I'll bet when I do google her I'll wish I had done that before I posted this comment.

    I must go make lists now. Lists of things about me. Lists of things about me that don't bore people to tears.

    Oh boy.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel ya! Coming up with seven things is so hard. Feel free to break the rules. I won't tell.

      Delete
  13. You like me, you really like me!

    Is the word of the day and quote of the day gonna be a new regular thing?

    I will pin the hell outta your Hey Girl!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt. ~Sylvia Plath

    NO the worst enemy to creativity is sticking your head in the oven.

    Thanks lady!! That's very awesome sauce of you.

    Also there is DEFINITELY something in the toilet - alien, ghost, rodent, creature, something, I completely agree with you.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I think you are going to enjoy how I choose to respond.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am trying to understand why you were ashamed of your shopping basket? Was it the dip? I do not like ketchup at all. I like tomatoes, but not tomato products...yuck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was ashamed it didn't have snickers and a pound of bacon. :(

      Delete
  17. I am convinced anyone nominated for an Oscar should hire to prepare their acceptance speech. I'd watch for sure!

    congrats on your awesomeness.

    oh, and don't feel bad about the grocery basket -- I always forget the hot dog buns too ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so frustrating when you have to go back and get them.

      Delete
  18. My mother HATES ketchup and Jello.
    I often think I'm adopted.

    My more pressing question is why is Chelsea Handler EVERYWHERE? Guh.

    Congrats on the bloggy thingy ma-jigger.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats! I will check out those blogs you like

    ReplyDelete
  20. Someone likes you...well...mwhahahah...after this post will that still be the case??? Just kidding. You are a riot too, but I love that you're thinking that poor kid Lindsay Lohan could use a hug. She sure could. I worry about her becoming another statistic. Sad.

    Great to learn more about you, seriously.

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wait? There was something to be ashamed of about the contents of your shopping trolley? I'm screwed.

    ReplyDelete
  22. And once again I'm the last one to know I've won an award. What is with me? I have to get back on Twitter 'cause I'm missing all kinds of shit.

    I'm accepting right now just in case you're thinking of taking it back. Na-ha...it's mine! I'll display it proudly and use it as my excuse to bore people silly with details about me, myself and I. I like that it's seven things...I'm so into odd numbers. Thanks again!

    Blogdramedy

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.