Friday, October 21, 2011

Oh The Horror!

Today I'm participating in Write On Edge's Red Writing Hood prompt: Compose a post in the form of a text - 160 characters.  Your text must elicit or express fear.

Here goes... 

For weeks I’ve watched your daughter. She shouldn't have done that and now she must pay.

I'll be waiting when she leaves class.

I hope you've said goodbye.


The first time I read the prompt I didn't realize it had to be a TEXT and wrote something else which I wanted to share cuz I have to say it's been rather fun, in a twisted sort of way, to explore the dark side...
 
He watched.
 
He waited.
 
And when the time was right, he stepped from the shadows and slit her pretty little throat.


Write On Edge: Red-Writing-Hood

15 comments:

  1. These both completely frighten me. Probably not the best thing for me to have read right before I go to sleep. Maybe I should think about bacon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of these are scary.

    (I cheated and didn't write it in text form. Oops.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first is creepy and frightening. The second is terrifying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow those were both a wee bit disturbing! Well done.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  5. um, I'm slightly terrified and glad I am in a well lit room. Seriously. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really need to let out the demons. Both of these sound like something written by Dean Koontz or Tami Hoag, and I love both of these author's. So...get ready, get set. GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those are thrilling...sort of leaning toward the second one as my dark side peeks out to participate. Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They're both great, and scary.

    But the second one *really* gave me chills.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm totally home alone, you creepy wench. Thaaaanks.

    At least I'm armed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. --The first one is horrifying...

    ```the second one scares the shit out of me!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Spooky indeed - both versions.

    ........dhole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Less is more. Guess you don't need a lot of words to frighten the masses. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Both made me shudder and gave me goosebumps!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo...you're a scary one! I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Lady, you've managed to scare the living daylights out of me. I'm glad I don't own a cell phone at the moment! :)

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.