Sunday, June 5, 2011

Sarcasm Goddess Award Show

Drag out those old prom dresses, dust off those tuxedos, grab your favorite bottle of wine, or whatever your drink of choice may be.  It's time for the first ever Sarcasm Goddess Award Show.  For those of you new around here (and there are quite a few of you, WOOT!) I give out awards.  Awesome awards.  For people who become followers.  My way of bribing you to be my friend.

The criteria for receiving an award are as follows:

1. Become a follower

2. Ask for an award

3. Love the award.

Before you ask for an award, you may want to check out the awards below first and also here and here (you need to scroll down to the bottom of each of the pages to see them).  The reason I ask that you tell me you want an award is because by doing so, you are agreeing to not be offended.  My awards aren't offensive per se, but let's say I give you a "Leader in the Field of not Being Abducted by Aliens," award and, unbeknownst to me, you actually have been abducted by aliens and all these really bad memories come flooding back.  That would be terrible.  A horrible way to start off our bloggy relationship.

So by asking for an award you are telling me you are an "anything goes kinda person," and would be absolutely THRILLED to bestowed the honor of "never getting rabies" award.

One more thing before we get started with the award show.  THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU to all of my new followers.  Seriously, you guys make me pee my pants from excitement, which is super awesome. But also?  The husband has recently made up a fabulous new dance to celebrate.  Every time I get a new follower, he takes of his shirt, swings it around his head and starts wooting.  Ya, know?  WOOT WOOT.  WOOT WOOT.  Sometimes, if I'm really lucky, he moves it back and forth between his legs a la Chip N Dales style.  It is seriously the greatest thing I have ever seen.  It makes me out of my mind with excitement.  And you guys are responsible for this.  So THANK YOU.  No, really.  THANK.  YOU.

Also?  Thank you to all who have commented recently. I have tried to stop by everyone's blogs, but if I haven't come by, please give me a holla and I'll hop on over.

Okay, the time has come.  Cue the music and the tap dancing penguin.  Here come the awards.



This first one is long overdue.  My dear friend Mandy has many talents.  It is hard to pick just one for which to award her.  But I believe I have created the perfect one.



Congratulations you  honey jobless batter.  You really earned it.  You really really did.

The next award goes to someone who didn't ask for one, but she is a girl from my past, and I think she can pretty much handle anything.  Jacqueline gets an award for sharing one of my posts on facebook.  Way to rock my world, girlfriend.  Way.  To.  Rock it.  Let's all give Jackie a big round of applause for...


Mandy and Kinsley have also shared my blog on facebook, but since they have already received an award, they receive a cookie.

A rabies free cookie.

Nice job ladies.



A couple of you have also told me that you have tweeted my some of posts.  WOOT WOOT.  WOOT WOOT.  Honestly, I don't think I can understand the enormity of this because I am not a twatter.  A tweeter?  A tweep?  Twitter is hard.

I'm not sure how to express my thanks for launching my blog into the twittosphere.  Is an award enough?  I sincerely don't know.  But if you want one, I am happy to deliver.  Just lemme know.

Well friends, that concludes the first ever Sarcasm Goddess Award Show.  Golly that went by fast.

I think?  It was BIG SUCCESS.

Thank you all for attending.  I leave you with this picture of a monkey in a tutu.


*****************************************************************
Penguin and Monkey drawn by Me, Leprechaun picture from brunelles.com 

If you receive an award, please feel free to put it up on your blog as long as you give me credit and link to my blog.  In fact, if you do, you just might receive a rabies free cookie at the next award show.

6 comments:

  1. Bahahahaha!!! In my mind I mixed the leprechaun and the new follower dance, and ended up seeing my boy friend doing in Irish strip tease!!!

    Anyway, I wanna put my award from awhile back on my blog. Can you make me a code? That would be pretty awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I may have to steal (and link) your penguin. I'm a lil obsessed with them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miss Allie - Hahaha! An irish strip tease sounds like an awesome idea. I'm going to have to get the husband to do that. Maybe when I reach 100 followers.

    You want a code for your award? I have absolutely no clue how to do that, I mean, yeah sure, no problem. Just a warning, me attempting to do this will probably be the cause of the rabies apocalypse.

    Seriously though, I will figure it out and gladly do it for ya. And please feel free to steal (and link) my penguin to your blog. I may have to give you a rabies free cookie for doing so!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY!!!! I love awards! Thanks =) I like being hotter than a gnome!!!

    Sarcasm is the funniest of all funnies and you my friend, win the funny award for last week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love your style! Since I am so new to blogging... I don't think I'm yet award worthy - but I'd like one anyway.
    Your comments on Riley's Smile were so sweet. It helps to know that I am communicating after all:-)
    Give your Riley a big hug from me! Stacie

    ReplyDelete
  6. lol. awesome. hope to get a reward one day...and no i haven't been abducted by aliens...atleast i don't think so.

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.