Friday, September 10, 2010

Conversations With The Husband

Me: My coworker told me how he and his wife start each day.  It's so nice.

The husband: How?

Me: Whoever gets up first makes the coffee, then they both drink it in bed and talk about what they're going to do that day and any big plans they have for the week.  Isn't that a great way to start your day?

The husband: Yeah, I'll try that tomorrow.  I'll bring you the coffee and you'll smack it in my face.  You'll dump it in my lap and say "how's your day going?"

************************************************************
A few weeks ago the husband and I went to a Japanese restaurant for some yummy sushi.

The husband: I feel like why is Chinese food so much better than Japanese food?

The husband: I meant Chi- Japanese is better.

Me: I feel like why is it better.  What does that even mean?

The husband: I meant why is Chinese food...

The husband: sigh

The husband: Why is Japanese food so much better than Chinese food?

Me: I think that's a matter of opinion.

Later when we are leaving the restaurant and selecting peppermints from the giant bowl of mints and candy they have by the front door, I gasp and point to some fortune cookies in the bowl.

The husband: What?

Me: That's not right.

The husband: What?  Fortune cookies at a Chinese rest-  Dammit!

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite post of all =)

    ReplyDelete

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.