Friday, August 13, 2010

Conversations with My Dad

From an early age, my parents suspected I was a cut above the rest.  It is clear from the following conversations that their suspicions weren't unfounded

Scenario: Taking a walk with my dad in my grandmother's neighborhood. There is a turtle in the road.


Me: Daddy, what does that sign say?

My Dad: It says STOP.

Me: Why isn't that turtle stopping?


Scenario: Staying at a hotel with my dad.

Me: Daddy, why do we have to show these passes to the hotel people.

My Dad: If we don't, they won't let you by that table.

Me: Well I don't wanna buy that table.


Scenario: Driving in the car with my dad.

Me: Daddy, why is that car red?

My Dad: I don't know.

Me: Why don't they have the same color car as we do?

My Dad: I don't know.

Me: Why not?

My Dad: Kelley, I just don't know.

Me: Where are they going?

My Dad: I don't know.

Me: Why aren't they going where we're going?

My Dad: I don't know.

Me: Why does their car have a stripe on it?

My Dad: Kelley, I don't know.

Me: Why are they slowing down?

My Dad: I don't know.

Me: You don't know very much, do you?

*********************************************************
Mah Book Progress: Yeah, about that.  Instead of adding pages to my book, I wrote 4 pages of a NEW book.  This is why I will never be published!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.