Tuesday, August 10, 2010

100 Word Story

Today's prompt: Candle


Out of Time
By Kelley Williams

A candle burns on a bedside table.
Her breathing is shallow, her health unstable.
"How much longer?" I ask the doc.
"Probably no longer than twelve o'clock."
Why is this happening?  Life's unfair.
There's still so much more we want to share.
I hold her hand as the minutes tick by.
I cannot help it, I start to cry.
She opens her eyes and looks at me.
"I'll see you in eternity."
Her voice is soft and then she's gone.
I don't think I will ever move one.

*********************************************************************
Mah Book Progress: 0 New Pages

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.