Monday, June 7, 2010

Marriage Advice

I've been married for almost five years and thus feel duly qualified to give marriage advice. You're welcome.

Tip Number One.

You should always be honest with each other. Always. Honesty is one of the most important components of a healthy happy marriage.

Example:

Me: Honey, would you support me if I wanted to try out for American Idol?

Mark: No.

Me: Why not?

Mark: Because you can't sing.

Me: But what if I really really wanted to? What if it was my life's dream? Would you go with me and cheer me on?

Mark: No.

Me: What if I said screw you, I'm going to anyway? To fulfill my dream.

Mark: I'd punch you in the throat so you'd be incapable of singing and therefore unable to humiliate yourself.

Me: Awww, you'd really do that for me?

Mark: I would.

Me: I love you.

Honesty. It's the best policy.





A successful marriage requires falling in love many times, always with the same person. ~Mignon McLaughlin, The Second Neurotic's Notebook, 1966

No comments:

Post a Comment

I had to change my comment settings because I was getting too much spam. You can no longer comment anonymously. (I don't think anyone besides the spammers were doing this.) But I don't want to block the rest of you from commenting! If you're having trouble, tweet me at @sarcasmgoddess or email sarcasmgoddess at ymail dot com and I'll see what I can do to fix it.